`I, Me aur Main` a turning point in my career: Prachi Desai
New Delhi: Actress Prachi Desai, who plays a chic hairdresser in John Abraham starrer `I, Me aur Main`, says the romantic drama is a turning point in her career.
Interestingly, it is for the first time in her five year old career in Bollywod that Prachi, 24, is playing her age onscreen.
"I have always played characters which are either very quiet or beyond my age. For the first time, I am playing a character which is like my real self. As `Rock On` was my stepping stone in the industry, similarly `I, Me aur Main` will be the turning point as it will portray a new Prachi Desai," the actress told reporters.
In the film, which also stars Chitrangada Singh, Prachi plays a pivotal character which is the reason behind the change in John`s character.
"Gauri is my favourite character because she is so similar to me in real life. She is a livewire and free-spirited. She is living her life to the fullest and wants everybody around to do the same. She is a hairstylist by profession. Between her and John the equation is so fantastic. They are pals. She is one reason in the film for whom John changes," she said.
Asked about her on-screen chemistry with John in the film, Prachi said, "Sharing the screen space with John was fantastic. He could be anyone`s favourite co-star. John has a quirky sense of humour and he is one of the most accommodating actors."
Prachi started her career with TV serial 'Kasam Se' when she was 17-year-old and after that she starred in various films including 'Bol Bachchan', 'Once Upon a time in Mumbai' and 'Life Partner'.
The actress says she is happy about her film choices.
"My journey in the industry was difficult initially because I was an outsider. I am lucky that I have been a part of some good films and made good choices," she said.
The actress says she has left TV for sometime and will only return if she gets a chance to judge a reality show.
"It's very unfortunate that in our country you have to do either of the two. There is always a gap in TV content as compared to the subjects in western countries, TV content in India is not progressive. So, I chose films. I will comeback if I get a chance to judge a reality show," she said.
Prachi will next be seen in Vikram Bhatt's horror franchise '!920 part 3' opposite a newcomer where she will play a princess.
"The story is set in London in 1920 era. I will play a princess and will get to experiment with lot of looks. We will be shooting the film at the 'Harry Potter; locations and I am really excited about it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Taylor Swift's fiercely loyal: Karlie Kloss
- Ed Sheeran may take year off
- Famed Detroit jazz trumpeter Marcus Belgrave dies at 78
- French immigration thriller bags Cannes Palme d'Or
- Rooney Mara, Emmanuelle Bercot share Cannes best actress award
- Feel sad to not see KKR at Eden: Shah Rukh Khan
- Anushka Sharma feels 'terrible' on being sick, misses fun with DDD boys
- Anil Kapoor, Ranveer Singh cheer for MI, Farhan Akhtar wants to catch a sixer
- Anushka Sharma has evolved as an actor, person: Ranveer Singh
- Haryana to set up three museums
- 'Mohenjodaro' wraps up 101 days of shoot in Bhuj
- Haryana to set up three museums
- Indus Valley script numerical, not language: Historian
- Rajkumar Hirani produces his sister's play
- Ramayana miniatures go on show in Canberra
- Teenagers throws spotlight on social issues through theatre
- Paul Walker's 'Fast and Furious' Supra auctioned off for USD 185K
- No winning or losing in art: Helen Mirren
- 'Jungle Me Mangal': Matheran culture fest opens Thursday
- Lost 'My Fair Lady' songs to be performed after 60 years
- 'Hamilton' wins 2015 OBIE Award
- Music, performing arts festival near Pune from May 29
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- PM Modi to address rally in Mathura, may announce 'one rank, one pension' scheme implementation
- Kejriwal to hold 'Jan Sabha' to mark 100 days of AAP govt, may demand full statehood for Delhi