`Jai Ho Democracy` a political satire: Om Puri
Mumbai: Veteran actor Om Puri, who will soon start shooting for ‘Jai Ho Democracy’, says the film tries to bring forth political problems, albeit in a funny manner - almost similar to how ‘Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro’ was years back.
"This is a political satire. We will keep (present) our views in a funny way and it will be about democracy. No one has been slammed in the movie, it has no vulgar way of telling the issue. But like `Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro` was a satire on society, builders and corruption, it is similar with this movie," the 62-year-old said here Friday at the mahurat of the film.
Om Puri was also a part of the 1983 classic film. He played a builder named Ahuja.
‘Jai Ho Democracy’, being directed by Ranjit Kapoor, also stars Satish Kaushik, Annu Kapoor and Adil Hussain. Om Puri said the actors are chosen only because of their talent.
"All the actors in this movie are educated, they are not here because of their beauty. They are trained actors, from National School of Drama, Film and Television Institute of India. We are hopeful that we will be successful in our mission (of spreading the message)," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic
- New music by Beatles legend George Harrison to be released
- Reality TV personality Khloe Kardashian slams Donald Trump
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Popularity of ghazals increasing, says Rekha Bhardwaj