`Life of Pi` actor Suraj Sharma gets BAFTA nomination
London: Indian actor Suraj Sharma, who played the protagonist in Ang Lee`s fantasy adventure drama ‘Life of Pi’, has been nominated for the BAFTA EE Rising Star Award.
Suraj, 19, who is studying Philosophy (Hons) at Delhi`s St Stephen`s College, is the only male actor who is nominated in the category.
He is nominated along with British actresses Andrea Riseborough and Juno Temple, Swedish actress Alicia Vikander and Elizabeth Olsen from the US, said a statement on the official website of BAFTA (British Academy of Film and Television Arts).
EE Rising Star honours a young actor or actress who has demonstrated exceptional talent and ambition and has begun to capture the imagination of the British public. It is the only award voted for by the public at the EE British Academy Film Awards in 2013.
Based on Canadian author Yann Martel`s Man Booker Prize-winning novel of the same name, ‘Life of Pi’ is about the journey of an Indian boy who survives a storm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer 'Manto' a very big project for me: Nandita Das
- Motherhood teaches you priorities in life: Farah Khan
- Chetan Bhagat shares a trivia about Shraddha Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor's 'Half Girlfriend'
- Working with Amitabh Bachchan was always on my wish list: Esha Gupta
- 'Dangal' director's next film with Sajid Nadiadwala