`Music Man’ actress Susan Luckey dies at 74
Washington: Susan Luckey - famous for playing the role of Mayor Shinn’s daughter Zaneeta in the 1962 classic ‘The Music Man’ - passed away at her Los Angeles home early Thursday morning. She was 74.
Her daughter Shayna Reynolds said that her mother - real name Suzanne Douglas – had not been suffering from any long-term illness and that her death was a result of “just old age,” TMZ.com reported.
As Luckey did not want a traditional funeral her body was cremated and the remains placed in a “decorative box,” where other members of her family have been laid to rest.
Besides her role in ‘The Music Man,’ she also starred alongside Shirley Jones in the 1956 film ‘Carousel’ and was one of the Native Americans in the original Broadway production of ‘Peter Pan.’
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Adele plants kiss on fan's lips
- Hrithik Roshan's kids Hrehaan and Hridhaan emulate daddy dearest and we are loving it! See pic
- Whoa! Deepika Padukone meets Ranbir Kapoor, Fawad Khan on 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' sets?
- Orlando Bloom 'happy' for Miranda Kerr
- Liam Payne will reunite with One Direction, says his sister