Aamir Khan evokes laughter after confusing MP for Bihar
Bhopal: Aamir Khan committed a faux pas here today by saying that he was happy to have come to "Bihar" while he was in the city to launch a health programme of the Madhya Pradesh.
The actor began his interaction with reporters by saying, "Mujhe yahan Bihar aa kar badi khushi huee hai (I am very happy to have come here to Bihar).
After his words evoked derisive laughter from the journalists present on the occasion, Aamir corrected himself by saying that he had made this mistake because his mind was somewhere else.
Later, he said that there are a lot of expectations from the new central government which need to be fulfilled.
The actor also said that all people should cooperate with the new government at the Centre and help it reach its goal.
Aamir said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi mentioned many things for the betterment of the nation, adding that he should be given time to prove himself.
He also said that the number of rapes in Madhya Pradesh was high only because FIRs were filed in all these cases. It is well known that no FIRs were filed in several rape cases across the country, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Five things you MUST do to save your marriage
- Eid special: Redefine your traditional style this festive season
- Attention Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol! Watch – Belly dancers give new twist to ‘Tujhe Dekha To Yeh Jana Sanam’
- Drake praises 'beautiful' Rihanna on stage
- I will produce Hollywood films in future: Vashu Bhagnani
- So cute! Check out Ajay Devgn, Kajol’s rare PDA moment
- Cuteness overloaded! ‘Choti nani’ Helen strikes a pose with baby Ahil in her arms
- Ranbir Kapoor – Katrina Kaif breakup: It’s getting worse – Know why
- Shah Rukh Khan's HONEST reaction to Salman Khan's 'raped woman' remark! Full story inside
- Bipasha Basu's gorgeous bride avatar on Femina Wedding Times cover! See PIC