Aamir Khan writes to EC, clarifies he is not supporting AAP
Mumbai: Superstar Aamir Khan has written a letter to the Election Commission (EC) clarifying that he is not endorsing any particular political party, including the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP).
Apparently, it was brought to Aamir`s notice that a social campaign doing the rounds that he was supporting AAP.
Some candidates of AAP allegedly took to twitter and used Aamir`s image in one of their campaign posters, claiming that the 49-year-old `Dhoom 3` star was supporting their party.
In view of this, Aamir has written to the EC clarifying that he is not endorsing any particular political party.
"Aamir Khan from day one has made it clear that he will not be endorsing a particular political party. He is not supporting or campaigning for any political party," the actor`s spokesperson said in a statement here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!