Aamir Khan writes to EC, clarifies he is not supporting AAP
Mumbai: Superstar Aamir Khan has written a letter to the Election Commission (EC) clarifying that he is not endorsing any particular political party, including the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP).
Apparently, it was brought to Aamir`s notice that a social campaign doing the rounds that he was supporting AAP.
Some candidates of AAP allegedly took to twitter and used Aamir`s image in one of their campaign posters, claiming that the 49-year-old `Dhoom 3` star was supporting their party.
In view of this, Aamir has written to the EC clarifying that he is not endorsing any particular political party.
"Aamir Khan from day one has made it clear that he will not be endorsing a particular political party. He is not supporting or campaigning for any political party," the actor`s spokesperson said in a statement here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I don't want to be number one: Irrfan Khan
- Rajinikanth thanks fans for 'Kabali' success with THIS sweetest gesture! - Details inside
- Priyanka Chopra to join Hollywood stars for anti-poverty concert
- Kapil Sharma aka Kappu's Twitter account 'hacked'! – Know who did it
- Hrithik Roshan never takes his work for granted: Yami Gautam