Aamir to meet PM on manual scavengers` plight
Mumbai: Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan will call on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in New Delhi Monday to highlight the problems of manual scavengers engaged in cleaning human waste, an aide said Sunday.
According to the aide, Aamir is scheduled to call on the prime minister Monday morning.
Among other things, he will bring to the prime minister`s notice the problems of manual scavengers in different parts of the country.
Aamir had highlighted the issue in a recent episode of his popular television programme ‘Satyamev Jayate’.
An estimated 300,000 manual workers are engaged in this degrading profession and continue to be regarded as social outcasts.
Earlier, Aamir had made a presentation before a parliamentary committee on issues concerning the medical and pharmaceutical sector after a show on the subject triggered a nationwide debate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Alia Bhatt reacts to Tanmay Bhat’s controversial video – Details inside
- Would love to work with Vidya, Aditya: Kunaal Roy Kapur
- Sonam Kapoor DEFENDS Tanmay Bhat – Here's what she said
- Video alert! ‘Crazy’ Deepika Padukone, Homi Adajania on the sets of Sushant Singh Rajput’s ‘Raabta’
- Revealed! All you want to know about Geeta Basra's baby shower – Details inside