Aaradhya Bachchan introduced to writing on Saraswati Puja
Mumbai: Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan says that his two-year-old granddaughter Aaradhya was introduced to education and learning on Saraswati Puja.
The toddler was given a slate and chalk to scribble with.
"This morning early on the 4th (Feb 4) was an auspicious day, Saraswati Puja, a day of learning and education and a prayer to Saraswati the goddess of learning...a small prayer with the staff, and then the most important ritual...the moment of giving Aaradhya a writing utensil and leave it to her to scribble...
"It`s a moment of initiation of the child towards education and learning, after completing two years of age! Its tradition, it is culture, it is cute," Amitabh posted on his blog srbachchan.tumblr.com Wednesday.
"Aaradhya picked up a piece of chalk and scribbled on a slate. The initiation was complete..." he further posted.
Aaradhya, daughter of Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai, was born in November 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did Deepika Padukone invite Ranbir, Katrina to `Piku` success party?
- Maggi controversy: Amitabh Bachchan may face protest in Odisha on June 5
- There was always an audience for female-centric films: Anand L Rai
- Maggi noodles controversy: Have not received any notice yet, says Amitabh Bachchan
- Niall Horan splits from girlfriend