Abhishek Kapoor offered to pen a book
New Delhi: Filmmaker Abhishek Kapoor, who shot his forthcoming film ‘Kai Po Che’ in Gujarat, has been approached by publishers in the state to pen his experiences while shooting there.
‘Kai Po Che’, an adaptation of Chetan Bhagat`s ‘The 3 Mistakes Of My Life’, will be premiered at the Berlin film festival.
Set in Ahmedabad, the story is about three friends, their dreams, aspirations and how they struggle to realise their goals while facing several roadblocks including their own mistakes.
Commenting on the offer, Kapoor said in a statement: "I have been approached to write a book on my memories of Gujarat and narrate the experience of shooting in that fantastic state."
"As of now, my concentration is on Berlin, where we have the world premiere and then the release of the film. Post this, I will take a call on how to approach the book. Writing something of this stature is no piece of cake," added Kapoor, who made his directorial debut in 2006 with ‘Aryan’.
The book will be written in English.
‘Kai Po Che’ marks the big screen debut of TV actor Sushant Singh Rajput and also stars Amit Sadh, Rajkumar Yadav and Amrita Puri.
The film releases Feb 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Richa Chadha keen to play Draupadi on screen!
- Priyanka Chopra shares moment of 'madness' with Hugh Jackman!
- When Chris Martin calls Katrina 'Katrina Kaif Kapoor'
- This is how Akshay Kumar made his darling daughter Nitara's birthday more special! Pics inside
- B-Town celebs congratulate Sania Mirza on Pan Pacific Open win!