Acting like an extra curriculum: `Gippi` actor Riya Vij
Mumbai: Riya Vij, who is debuting with ‘Gippi’, says acting is like "an extra curriculum". Studying to become a dentist, she would take up movie assignments as long as it doesn`t affect her academics.
Riya said: "I didn`t really think about acting, but when the opportunity came, I grabbed it. I was into studies and want to become a dentist, but this (acting) was a great experience. It`s like an extra curriculum, but I really enjoyed it."
"I would still like to become a dentist, but yes, if an opportunity comes, I will grab it. Till the time acting doesn`t affect my studies I am okay with it," she added.
A 9th grade student, Riya gets support from her family.
"My family is very open-minded. There were no dos and don`ts. They were as excited as me because it was a new thing. They were supportive."
Produced by Dharma Productions and directed by first time director Sonam Nair, ‘Gippi’, the story of a teenage girl and how she tackles changes in her life, is slated for a May 10 release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Song out: 'Housefull 3' gang gives you a new party anthem in the form of 'Taang Uthake'! – Watch
- Priyanka Chopra won't refuse a good Bhojpuri film, says mother Madhu Chopra
- Whoa! Mukesh Khanna's 'Shaktimaan' to be back on Indian television?
- Treat your hardworking mom to hair care this summer!
- 'Kaabil' first look poster: Hrithik Roshan’s intense eyes precursor of a massive storm ahead!
- Kangana Ranaut to inspire women to share their stories
- Meet Shifuji Shaurya Bhardwaj: The living legend who played Tiger Shroff's trainer in 'Baaghi'!
- This emotional Instagram post by Arbaaz Khan talks about introspection
- Check out: Rani Mukerji’s first public appearance after baby Adira’s birth
- Adhyayan never said Kangana Ranaut practices black magic, says father Shekhar Suman