Actor Govinda gets bail in assault case
Mumbai: Bollywood actor Govinda was today granted bail by a court here in a case registered against him for allegedly slapping a person in 2008 on the sets of his film ‘Money Hai to Honey Hai’.
Govinda Ahuja alias Govinda appeared for the first time today before a Magistrate in Borivali in response to a summons issued against him.
The 48-year-old actor was asked to furnish a personal bond of Rs 15,000 or in lieu thereof pay Rs 10,000 cash. He chose to pay the cash of Rs 10,000 and secured bail.
The Court had issued summons to Govinda on September 17 last year on a complaint filed by Santosh Rai who alleged that he was slapped by the actor in 2008 following an altercation over a trivial issue.
However, the actor failed to appear on the appointed date and the court issued a warning to him to come personally on the next occasion or else it would issue non bailable warrant against him.
The Court also asked Govinda to pay Rs 1000 as costs for not appearing in person, according to Bipin Gupta, advocate for the complainant.
He appeared today to avoid issuance of the non bailable warrant and sought bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hindu group wants Atif Aslam concert cancelled
- Government has to decide who can work in India: Saif Ali Khan
- Tannishtha Chatterjee slams racist attack on TV show, channel apologises
- 'Mirzya' story needed fresh faces: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- Ranbir Kapoor's family posts sweet messages for him on his birthday