Actor turned politician Paresh Rawal turns 64
Zee Media Bureau/Parul Sabherwal
New Delhi: One of the finest actors of Bollywood and Lok Sabha MP Paresh Rawal is celebrating his 64th birthday today. The actor who has entertained us for over three decades began his career with Hindi film `Holi` in 1984. He won the Padma Shree in 2014.
It was the actor-turned-politician`s role in Bollywood blockbuster `Naam` that earned him not only fanfare but also recognition. Since then, there has been no looking back for the actor who is known for his versatility.
It was in the late nineties that Paresh Rawal decided to move out of the shadow of serious cinema and try his hands in comedy. His best known comedy film till date is `Hera Pheri` in which he played the role of `Baburao`. The talented actor has always mesmerised people with his acting skills but when it comes to comedy, there is certainly no match.
Paresh Rawal has given several hits that include films like- `King Uncle`, `Andaaz Apna Apna`, `Cheeni Kam`, `Akele Hum Akele Tum`, `Khatron Ke Khilaadi`, `Judaai` and several others. He has also won the prestigious National Film Award for several films.
So, on this special day we would like to wish Paresh Rawal a very Happy Birthday and all the very best for his new innings as a Member of Parliament. Hope he carries giving a hundred percent to his political career as he has for his career in Bollywood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan-born actor Marc Anwar apologises for racist rant about Indians
- Ronan Farrow pays tribute to brother Thaddeus
- UK police to probe Pakistan-born actor Marc Anwar's anti-India rant
- PM Narendra Modi lauds Amitabh Bachchan's latest 'Swachh Bharat Mission' video, urges people to make India open defecation free!
- Mosquito breeding: Sushmita Sen served notice by BMC