Actress Carla Laemmle dies
Los Angeles: Silent film actress Carla Laemmle, niece of Universal Studios founder Carl Laemmle, has died. She was 104.
Laemmle, who was considered one of the last surviving performers from Hollywood`s silent film years, died of natural causes, suggest reports.
She appeared in at least 17 films, starting in 1925 with silent horror classic `The Phantom of the Opera`, in which she played a ballerina. She was the last surviving cast member of the film, which starred Lon Chaney Sr.
During her later years, she appeared in several documentaries recounting Hollywood`s earliest years and the production of classic movies.
Almost nine decades after she began acting, Laemmle was still appearing on camera. Her last role was in `Mansion of Blood` currently in post-production.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Katrina perfect for Ranbir, says Kareena Kapoor Khan
- Daddy Shah Rukh's message for daughter Suhana will melt your heart
- Watch: Why did Deepika Padukone make fun of Ranbir Kapoor?
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- People think I want publicity from talking about Jiah Khan: Sooraj