Actress Carla Laemmle dies
Los Angeles: Silent film actress Carla Laemmle, niece of Universal Studios founder Carl Laemmle, has died. She was 104.
Laemmle, who was considered one of the last surviving performers from Hollywood`s silent film years, died of natural causes, suggest reports.
She appeared in at least 17 films, starting in 1925 with silent horror classic `The Phantom of the Opera`, in which she played a ballerina. She was the last surviving cast member of the film, which starred Lon Chaney Sr.
During her later years, she appeared in several documentaries recounting Hollywood`s earliest years and the production of classic movies.
Almost nine decades after she began acting, Laemmle was still appearing on camera. Her last role was in `Mansion of Blood` currently in post-production.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AR Rahman's romantic ballads steal Delhi hearts
- Influential theatre and opera director Luc Bondy dead at 67
- No one better than Ranveer, Deepika as Bajirao and Mastani: Priyanka
- Bigg Boss 9: Rimi Sen does not choose to leave house, Priya Malik wins immunity and captainship!
- Darshan Kumar excited to share screen space with Aishwarya