Actresses not just pretty faces anymore: Chitrangada Singh
Mumbai: The role of actresses has evolved a great deal in the Indian film industry, believes Chitrangada Singh, who says they`ve come a long way from being just "pretty faces on screen" once upon a time.
"Indian cinema has really evolved in the recent years and the role of actresses as well. They are not just pretty faces on screen, rather there is huge potential and opportunity to grow as an actor," Chitrangada told IANS in an exclusive interview.
The actress started her career with parallel films like `Hazaaron Khwaishen Aisi` and `Yeh Saali Zindagi`, but she recently also stepped into commercial cinema with films like `Desi Boyz` and `I, Me aur Main`. The idea is to do all kinds of roles.
"I have worked on different kinds of roles till now and I am open to experimenting on roles which will make me grow as an actor," she said.
Without revealing much, Chitrangada said she is working on a very challenging role currently.
"I am currently working on something, unfortunately I cannot talk about it at the current moment. But I have been preparing for this role from quite some time now. It is a challenging role and I am looking forward to start working on it," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- Working birthday for Arjun Kapoor, says Chetan Bhagat
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- Shah Rukh, Ranbir, Abhishek and Amitabh clicked together at Pro Kabaddi League! Pics inside