Adele fails to register her baby legally
London: Singer Adele is facing a fine of 1,000 pounds after she did not register her newborn son legally, within 42 days of birth.
The 24-year-old became a mother Oct 19 but did not complete legal formalities and hence is facing the penalty.
However, things are not likely to turn serious for Adele, who is engaged to Simon Konecki.
"Cops are hardly going to be banging on their door and it`s probably just an oversight on their part," thesun.co.uk quoted a source as saying.
"Most parents register their baby within a couple of weeks because it is a nice thing to do - and because there is a maximum fine of 1,000 pounds if they don`t. There are loads of reasons why parents are late and millions of couples don`t bother for ages," the source added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!