After daughter, Asha Bhosle mourns Yash Chopra
Mumbai: Just when singer Asha Bhosle was recovering from the suicide of her daughter Varsha Bhosle, she is again grief-stricken after hearing of the demise of ace filmmaker Yash Chopra.
Asha Bhosle, 79, who associated with Chopra for movies like ‘Chandni’ and ‘Dil To Pagal Hai’, took to Twitter to express her grief.
"Just as I was getting over the grief of my daughter, my brother Yash Chopra bhaisaab has left me. Sad year," she wrote.
Yash Chopra died of multiple organ failure in Lilavati Hospital here. He was 80.
The singer`s daughter Varsha committed suicide by shooting herself at her Peddar Road residence, here. She was 56.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Don't encourage Bollywood celebrities on ramp: Suneet Varma
- Julie Andrews to direct 'My Fair Lady' production at Sydney
- Sonakshi Sinha to walk for JJ Vallaya at Bridal Fashion Week
- Cheryl Boone Isaacs re-elected Academy President
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif to wear prosthetics for their next film