After intense films, `Chennai Express` nice change: Shah Rukh Khan
Vancouver: Superstar Shah Rukh Khan picks films instinctively, but he is especially happy with Rohit Shetty`s ‘Chennai Express’ as he believes it is a comedy, action and entertainment-packed project "different" from the intense and serious films he has done in the recent past.
"I do films which I like at a given point of time and as and when I get the opportunity. So when Rohit narrated a couple of films to me two years back, one was the remake of `Angoor` and other was `Chennai Express`. I like both of them. But Rohit felt he would like to do the latter one first as it is a bigger film and has fantastic comedy, action and amazing songs," Shah Rukh said.
The film, produced by the actor`s wife Gauri Khan under their production banner Red Chillies Entertainment, features Deepika Padukone opposite King Khan. Shah Rukh is, of course, happy with the way the movie is shaping up, revealing that he injured his right shoulder while shooting for the film.
"It`s awkward for me to speak of films that I produce, but I just have to say that Rohit has done me great favour while making a film like this for me. It`s fun and I am enjoying it. Yes, I end up doing very intense films like `Jab Tak Hai Jaan` , `Chak De! India` and `My Name Is Khan`, and so, it (`Chennai Express`) is a nice change for me," he said.
The Bollywood `baadhsah` also hopes to do more such films in the near future.
"I am enjoying it this way. May be I would continue doing films like `Chennai Express` in future," he added.
He was in a relaxed mood, and with an excited child-like demeanour, he talked about awards and their significance in his life even after over two decades of being in the industry, and winning lots of them.
"I like awards and I appreciate them. I feel most of the awards that we have in India, are for years of work that we have done, rather than just one show, and above all that, it is nice to see the (film) community together (at such events). We get five seven opportunities a year where everyone get together, so it`s a time to celebrate," he said.
Even though the escalating number of film awards worries him, he admits, "I like them".
"The more the merrier. I get most of them," he quipped in his inimitable style.
At the same time, he says he feels proud to see the love of Bollywood fans whenever he travels abroad.
"I normally don`t go outside, I only come for functions and it is very nice to feel that people love you. More than screaming and shouting , I like the fact that people of all ages, all stages and everywhere in the world appreciate what Indian film is doing," Shah Rukh said.
Meanwhile, being the co-owner of Indian Premier League (IPL) franchise Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR), he is busy with the cricket extravaganza, apart from having his hands full with acting commitments and production assignments. But he is managing it all pretty well.
One lesson, he says, he has learnt of late is to talk about his new projects only at the right time.
"We are making `Chennai Express` and then there is another film called `A for Apple, B for Billi, C for Cutta` (ABC). Two others are in the pipeline, but I would like to keep it a secret till the right time.
"People are just talking about work so much earlier than it is initiated. I don`t like it anymore. I like to talk about things when the film is ready, and only then would I like to take an opinion about what is good and what is bad," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arjun Kapoor to romance childhood `crush` Kareena Kapoor Khan?
- Shraddha to start shooting 'Rock On!! 2' from September
- Tiger Shroff's 'Baaghi' starts shooting tomorrow
- Cary Fukunaga leaves Stephen King's 'It' adaptation
- Artist sells other's Instagram photo for $90,000
- OMG! Shah Rukh Khan releases Salman's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' first look
- Noel Gallagher rejects Oasis reunion rumours
- Indian-American first vegetarian contestant on 'MasterChef US'
- Singers' role reversal: From behind the mic to facing arclights
- If you're 28, it doesn't mean you've to get married: Kangana Ranaut
- 'Gour Hari Dastaan' to release on August 14
- Artist sells other's Instagram photo for $90,000
- Vietnam's 'Ceramic King' has over 100,000 antiques
- Haryana to set up three museums
- Indus Valley script numerical, not language: Historian
- Rajkumar Hirani produces his sister's play
- Ramayana miniatures go on show in Canberra
- Teenagers throws spotlight on social issues through theatre
- Paul Walker's 'Fast and Furious' Supra auctioned off for USD 185K
- No winning or losing in art: Helen Mirren
- 'Jungle Me Mangal': Matheran culture fest opens Thursday
- Lost 'My Fair Lady' songs to be performed after 60 years
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon