Aishwarya Rai: Beauty beyond imagination
New Delhi: From a successful modelling career to becoming one of the most sought after actresses in Bollywood, Aishwarya Rai has made it big in showbiz world. The light eyed beauty, who won the Miss World title in 1994 has since then made million hearts skip a beat.
Ash, who looked quite confident and promising in ‘Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya’ opposite Bobby Deol, bagged her first Filmfare award for ‘Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam’ in 1999 thereby giving her then contemporaries a run for their money.
The Mangalorean beauty with no godfather in Bollywood was idealized by many young women who wanted to enroll in beauty pageants and to follow in her footsteps. Ash went ahead and gave many super hit movies like ‘Taal’, ‘Josh’, ‘Mohabbatein’ and ‘Devdas’.
In 2002, she starred opposite dhak dhak girl Madhuri and Shah Rukh Khan in ‘Devdas’. Though it was a comeback movie of sorts for Madhuri Dixit, Ash stole the limelight. She received her second Filmfare award for the adaptation of Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay’s novel by Sanjay Leela Bhansali.
After being successful in Bollywood, she moved to do Hollywood movies. Ash’s performances in ‘Bride & Prejudice’, ‘Provoked’, ‘Mistress of Spices’ were appreciated by the global audience.
Post marriage to Abhishek Bachchan, the stunning beauty played Jodha in Ashutosh Gowariker’s ‘Jodha Akhbar’, thereby proving that actresses can be successful even after tying the knot. Now a mother to a 18-month-old daughter, Aaradhya, Ash had earlier delivered hits like ‘Sarkar Raj’, ‘Raavan’, ‘Ethiran, and ‘Guzaarish’.
Roughly a year after giving birth to her first child, the 39-year-old beauty - who was criticized for her post pregnancy weight- walked down the red carpet on Cannes film festival 2012, for the 11th time. Later in that year, she stood at the 21st position in the New York magazine’s list of ‘Forty Women That Women Find Beautiful’.
Well, we hope to see Ash on the silver screen soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vivah Panchami: Celebrating the divine marriage of Lord Ram and Goddess Sita
- Superstar Rajinikanth injured on sets of '2.0'
- Check out incredible worldwide box office collections of Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt's 'Dear Zindagi'
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi’s fiancée and Monalisa’s boyfriend make an appearance
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!
- Preity Zinta's cousin brother shoots himself in Shimla, police recover suicide notes
- Most searched male celebrity list 2016: Kapil Sharma beats Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan
- Shweta Tiwari, Abhinav Kohli welcome first bundle of joy