Aishwarya Rai didn`t marry me because I am a Bachchan: Abhishek
Mumbai: Abhishek Bachchan says that his actress wife Aishwarya did not marry him because he is a film star or the son of megastar Amitabh Bachchan.
In an upcoming episode of ‘Koffee with Karan’, when asked by the host Karan Johar about the ‘insecurity’ coming from being married to Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, “the most beautiful woman on the face of earth”, Abhishek said there was none.
“I believe she is and to me she is the most beautiful thing on earth.
I see myself in the mirror every day and it is a horrific sight. So I am not competing, I can’t. The reason why we got together wasn’t cosmetic,” Abhishek said.
“She is one of the most down to earth… normal people you will ever meet.
She hasn`t married me because I am a film star or I am a Bachchan and I haven’t married her because she is the most beautiful woman on earth or one of the biggest stars on earth, so that never comes in the equation,” he said.
Abhishek and Aishwarya tied the knot in 2007. They have a daughter named Aaradhya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan-born actor Marc Anwar apologises for racist rant about Indians
- Ronan Farrow pays tribute to brother Thaddeus
- UK police to probe Pakistan-born actor Marc Anwar's anti-India rant
- PM Narendra Modi lauds Amitabh Bachchan's latest 'Swachh Bharat Mission' video, urges people to make India open defecation free
- Mosquito breeding: Sushmita Sen served notice by BMC