Ajay Devgn shoots legal notice to Yash Raj Films
Mumbai: Amidst the din surrounding the release date of Ajay Devgn’s ‘Son of Sardaar’, the actor has sent a legal notice to Yash Raj Films.
Devgn’s lawyer served a notice in the Competition Commission to the reputed banner (earlier headed by the late Yash Chopra) for allegedly using their influential position in the showbiz market and preventing other films to release on November 13 (Diwali) when Shah Rukh Khan starrer ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ is scheduled to hit the silverscreen.
A leading daily reported, “ADF was forced to take legal recourse because of monopolistic practices of YRF. Before the release of ‘Ek Tha Tiger’, in August 2012, YRF had reportedly used their dominant position in the market to enter into an arrangement with the exhibitors saying that they will give them ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ only if the exhibitors agreed to reportedly give their Diwali release prominence over others.”
Reportedly, Ajay was asked to push the release of ‘Son of Sardaar’ as a mark of respect to Yash Chopra, who passed away on October 21. ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ starring Shah Rukh Khan, Anushka Sharma and Katrina Kaif was his last directorial venture.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kangana Ranaut records statement with cops in connection with Hrithik's FIR
- First pictures of Bipasha and Karan as Mr & Mrs out! Check here
- Sushmita Sen is Farah Khan's 'best heroine'!
- Shraddha Kapoor feels grateful that her songs became huge hits!
- Gulshan Grover wishes the best for soon-to-be-married-- Bipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover!