Akshay Kumar hails Padma for Rajesh Khanna
Mumbai: Actor Akshay Kumar is delighted that his father-in-law, the late actor Rajesh Khanna, has been posthumously honoured with the Padma Bhushan, India`s third highest civilian honour.
"I am really very happy. I am obliged that the government has recognised my father-in-law`s work. I am extremely happy," said Akshay, who is married to Rajesh Khanna`s elder daughter Twinkle.
The awards were announced Friday.
Rajesh Khanna, fondly known as Kaka, began his career with `Aakhri Khat` in 1966. In a career spanning five decades, he became a superstar like no other with hits like `Aradhana`, `Do Raaste`, `Safar` and `Anand`.
He passed away in July 2012 following prolonged illness. He was 69.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vidya Balan HAILS Kangana Ranaut for speaking up! Details inside
- Ranbir Kapoor spotted with Sanjay Dutt's twin kids - See Pic
- Naseer and I share emotional intelligence: Kalki Koechlin
- Aryan Khan, Navya Naveli's 'Muck Up Day' picture is HERE!
- Sorry IPL, AbRam Khan stole thunder last night – Watch video