Akshay Kumar invited for Ram Leela celebrations in Delhi
Mumbai: Actor Akshay Kumar has been invited to participate in India`s biggest Ram Leela celebrations in Delhi on the occasion of Dussera.
He has received a special Invite from the organisers of Luv-Kush Ram Leela Committee.
The Luv-Kush Ram Leela is one of the most celebrated events which takes place at Lal Quila (Delhi) every year and attracts much fanfare including political big-wigs like the Prime Minister and Chief Minister.
This is the first time that the committee has approached a Bollywood actor to burn down the `Raavan`.
"It is an honour to be a part of such a momentous occasion. I thank the organisers for inviting me. Delhi holds a special place in my heart since I grew up there. It will be indeed special to do the Raavan Vadh there," Akshay said.
Dusshera is marked on the 10th day of the Navratri celebrations in India when Lord Ram kills Raavan, also known as Raavan Vadh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hindu group wants Atif Aslam concert cancelled
- Government has to decide who can work in India: Saif Ali Khan
- Tannishtha Chatterjee slams racist attack on TV show, channel apologises
- 'Mirzya' story needed fresh faces: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- Ranbir Kapoor's family posts sweet messages for him on his birthday