Akshay, Sonakshi made life members of East Bengal club
Kolkata: Bollywood actors Akshay Kumar and Sonakshi Sinha were Friday given life memberships of East Bengal club.
The two stars, who are in the city to take part in the pre-centenary celebrations of the soccer giants, visited the club tent and interacted with the players.
Akshay, a staunch Manchester Untied fan, said he felt honoured at being given the club`s lfie membership.
"It`s a very very big honour for me to get a life membership from East Bengal."
Akshay also said he would root for hosts Brazil in the soccer World Cup next year.
Akshay and Sonakshi would take part in Starnite, an entertainment gala at the Salt Lake Stadium Saturday, organised by the club as part of its pre-centenary celebrations.
East Bengal will complete 100 years in 2020. To showcase and to build-up towards this monumental milestone, the club has decided to organise pre-centenary celebrations every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I console myself with a career that lasts: Twinkle Khanna
- Priyanka Chopra proud of sister Parineeti's singing debut
- Rahul Bose hopeful that Poorna's story will touch hearts
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Kamya Punjabi releases teaser of Pratyusha Banerjee’s last short film – Watch