Ali Zafar feels remakes are made for profit
Mumbai: Pakistani singer-actor Ali Zafar, who will be seen in the remake version of `Chashme Baddoor`, says that remakes are made to earn profit when at times Bollywood runs out of original ideas.
However, the 32-year-old actor also acknowledged that films based on innovative subjects too are being made in the tinsel town.
"To some extent it is true that the industry is running out of original ideas. But the commercial model of film-making is to revamp a story, keeping in mind today`s times and present it in a different way. Cinema is a business. The aim is to make profit," Zafar said in an interview.
Zafar, who has acted in television dramas in Pakistan, also pointed out that the commercial viewpoint and original ideas go hand in hand in Bollywood.
"But there are original films also getting made like `Tere Bin Laden`, `English Vinglish`, `Vicky Donor`. Both the things exist. There are times when industry people are running out of ideas and while there are others who are trying out newer subjects," he said.
Directed by David Dhawan, `Chashme Buddoor` is the remake of 1981 hit romcom by the same name.
"I think remakes are tricky. But if somebody knows the art of remaking, it is good. The best part of this film is the dialogues that Sajid-Wajid came up with. When we were narrated the film we were in splits, couldn`t stop laughing," Zafar said.
The 1981 film was about three bachelor students - Farooq Shaikh, Rakesh Bedi and Jai Ravi Baswani- and how Deepti Naval comes in their life.
The remake version will see Zafar essaying the role of Farooq Shaikh.
"I am sure comparisons will be made. One can`t avoid it. I doubt if everyone has watched 1981 film, especially the youth. It will be new for them," Zafar said.
"I play a normal, shy and soft-spoken guy. The film is really very funny, the punch lines are hilarious, and it is a remake of a cult movie redone in a modern way," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Abhishek Bachchan ready to do biopic on THIS sportsman for free!
- Pakistani actors get Indian visa to shoot for Sridevi starrer
- Ranganathan Madhavan achieved lean look for ‘Vikram Veda’ without workout
- The Kapil Sharma Show: THIS international superstar made the comedian say 'Oh My God'
- Mahira Khan wants Pakistan to watch Shah Rukh Khan starrer 'Raees'
- Sushant Singh Rajput perfects Salman Khan’s ‘Oh O Jaane Jana’ moves – WATCH
- Kangana Ranaut says Mumbai relatively safer
- Kamal Haasan slams PETA over jallikattu, asks it to ban 'bull riding rodeos' in Trump's US
- Bollywood celebs saddened by Hirakhand Express tragedy
- Priyanka Chopra shows support for anti-Trump Women's March