Amazing how a weekend can change one`s life: Mishti
Mumbai: Actress Mishti, whose debut in ‘Kaanchi’ received a lukewarm response, says she feels she has grown and matured thanks to the one weekend when the Subhash Ghai film hit the screens.
‘Kaanchi’ released April 25. Now that Mishti is said to be doing another film with Ghai and this time starring Salman Khan, she says all the flak has made her stronger and wiser.
Says the spirited Bengali girl: "It is said what can`t break you, makes you stronger. These last few days have matured me. It`s amazing how one weekend can change one`s entire life. Today I feel stronger than I did earlier. I think I`ve grown up."
Not that Mishti is overjoyed by the response to the film.
"That`s one year of my life. During the last one year, I did nothing except `Kaanchi`. It was my life. Now there is a feeling of disappointment at the way some critics have responded to the film and my presence."
"There is also a vacuum within me, as I`ve nothing else lined up at the moment."
Responding to the criticism that she is awkward and shrill in the film, Mishti retorts sardonically: "I play a village girl. I don`t play a city-bred chick who knows how to modulate her voice and walk as though she`s on the ramp."
"I walk and speak clumsily because that`s the way my director Subhashji conceived my character. She is not sophisticated like Aishwarya Rai in `Taal`."
Mishti finds the comparisons with Aishwarya unfair.
"`Kaanchi` is my first film. I am learning. I am trying to understand the grammar of film acting. Luckily for me, I got a fantastic teacher in Subhash Ghai-ji. Whatever I know about acting comes from him."
Meanwhile, she is getting ready to do another film with Ghai.
"I`ve a three-film deal with Subhash-ji. Even if I didn`t have that to fall back on, I wasn`t going to leave just because people criticized my first film. I`ve several offers in Bangla."
"But I am not shuttling back and forth between Kolkata and Mumbai to keep my career going. I`ll stay put in Mumbai to fight my way through the criticism that has come to me for `Kaanchi`."
Mishti doesn`t mind the flak.
"Why should I take it to heart? Whatever is being said must be the result of careful thought. I`ve taken some of the criticism seriously. I will work to improve myself."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kangana, Shahid to star in Vishal Bhardwaj's next?
- Charlie Weber marries fiancee
- Dharmendra is fit and fine: Esha Deol
- Taylor Swift concert wristband save three teenagers' lives
- Perry, Mayer not serious about each other?
- Kendrick Lamar wants to be positive role model
- Taylor Swift asks Calvin Harris to move in
- Feel fortunate that Ranveer and I get along well: Arjun
- When Chris Pratt turned rickshaw-puller
- Tracy Morgan appears in public for first time since settlement
- Miley Cyrus flaunts her bosom
- Cara Delevingne poses topless for jewellery ad
- I quite like being naked: Miranda Kerr
- Men watching porn less likely to enjoy sex with real-life partners
- December 11 is the most popular day of the year to conceive
- Now have 'aquagasm' with new 'shower' sex toy
- Jessica Simpson poses in seductive way on Instagram
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian poses nude
- Secret behind Kim K's nude photoshoot revealed
- Jennifer Lawrence draws eyeballs in new photo shoot
- Keira Knightley will go topless, but on condition
- Will Smith's wife finds it 'sexy' that he takes her pics in her sleep
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi