Amitabh Bachchan remembers `most beautiful woman` mother on her b`day
Mumbai: Megastar Amitabh Bachchan remembered his mother Teji Bachchan on her birthday today and also called her the `most beautiful woman in the universe`.
"Happy Birthday Ma! August 12th.. The most beautiful woman in the universe! Her gentleness, joi de vivre.. In the Heavens now!," the 71-year-old actor posted on Twitter.
Teji, who was a social activist, was born into a Khatri Sikh Punjabi family in Faisalabad, Punjab, India. She got married to Amitabh`s father Harivansh Rai Bachchan in 1941.
She played Lady Macbeth in her husband`s Hindi adaptation of Macbeth and also did a cameo appearance in son Amitabh-starrer `Kabhie Kabhie`.
Teji died at the age of 93 on December 21, 2007 following a prolonged illness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navya Naveli Nanda parties like a boss! PICS inside
- Shah Rukh Khan reveals male directors are 'objectifying' him! – Details inside
- Really? Saif Ali Khan PROPOSED to begum Kareena Kapoor Khan more than ONCE
- Don't mess with Indian Army: Bollywood celebrities react to surgical strikes across LoC
- #SurgicalStrikes: Sudarsan Pattnaik salutes Indian Army with his incredible sand art!