Amitabh Bachchan, Sridevi voted most admired actors
New Delhi: Megastar Amitabh Bachchan and yesteryear diva Sridevi have been voted as the most admired celebrities, in a new mobile survey.
In the `Vuclip Icons of the Year 2012` mobile survey, Amitabh walked away with 43 percent votes.
Sridevi, who made her Bollywood comeback after 15 years with `English Vinglish`, left behind the likes of Kareena Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha and Vidya Balan with 33 percent votes, said a statement from Vuclip, independent mobile, video and media company.
"I am humbled to see the overwhelming response from my fans. I would like to take this opportunity to thank them once again for their love, blessings and unstinted support towards me and my movies. Whatever I have achieved in life is because of the love and support of my fans," Sridevi said in a statement.
Among the most admired Bollywood composers, A.R. Rahman emerged victorious with 70 percent votes, while Sonu Nigam bagged the title of the most admired male playback singer.
Aditya Chopra was chosen as the most admired Bollywood filmmaker.
"These findings reflect the opinions and expectations of a hundred thousand Indians on whom they view as an ideal leader. Being the most admired icon means more than just being successful," said Nikhil Naik, director, India Business, Vuclip.
The complete list is as follows:
- Bollywood`s Most Admired Actor- Amitabh Bachchan
- Bollywood`s Most Admired Actress- Sridevi
- Bollywood`s Favourite Film Maker- Aditya Chopra
- Bollywood`s Favourite Music Composer- A.R. Rahman
- Bollywood`s Favourite Male Playback Singer- Sonu Nigam
- Bollywood`s Favourite Female Playback Singer- Sunidhi Chauhan
- Most Admired Hollywood actress- Angelina Jolie
- Most Admired Hollywood actor- Johnny Depp
- Most Admired International female singer- Lady Gaga
- Most Admired International male singer- Bruno Mars
- Most Admired Business Icon- Ratan Tata
- Most Admired Sportsperson- Saina Nehwal
- Most Admired Woman Leader- Dr. Preetha Reddy
- Most Admired Young Political Leader- Rahul Gandhi