Amitabh Bachchan to be Maharashtra`s horticulture ambassador
Zee Media Bureau/Parul Sabherwal
New Delhi: After promoting tourism in Gujarat, Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan is now heading towards Maharashtra. Big B will soon be seen promoting the horticulture sector in the state.
The 71-year-old actor took to the social media platform, Twitter to inform about the same. He tweeted: “T 1504 - A meet with the Minister to promote horticulture in Maharashtra .. best mangoes, pomegranate, cheeku, grapes, onion, tomatoes et al”(sic).
T 1504 - A meet with the Minister to promote horticulture in Maharashtra .. best mangoes, pomegranate, cheeku, grapes, onion, tomatoes et al
— Amitabh Bachchan (@SrBachchan) June 4, 2014
Senior Bachchan will not only promote the state`s horticulture in India but also abroad. His association with the campaign is expected to boost exports and establish Maharashtra`s identity as a fruit producing state across the world. The official announcement is yet to made.
Maharashtra is India`s largest fruit producing state with around 2 million hectares area covered in fruit orchards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Jacqueline Fernandez feels about Salman Khan-Iulia Vantur marriage! Details inside
- Look who's dining together? Navya SPOTTED with Aryan Khan!
- Shah Rukh Khan's 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' memories strike back!
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?
- Sidharth Malhotra is spilling hotness all over this summer! - Pic inside