Amitabh Bachchan to inaugurate Kolkata film fest
Kolkata: Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan will inaugurate the 19th Kolkata International Film Festival (KIFF) beginning Nov 10. It will be galvanised by the presence of the Bachchan family, including Aishwarya Rai, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said here Friday.
"I am very happy and delighted to share with you all that Shri Amitabh Bachchan ji, a great legend, has accepted our invitation to inaugurate the 19th Kolkata International Film Festival to be held on 10th November, 2013," Banerjee said on her official Facebook page.
"I am also so pleased and obliged to learn that he is making efforts to bring along with him Jayaji, Abhishek and Aishwarya to this global event in Kolkata, for which we are eagerly waiting to welcome the `film family`."
"Bachchan ji is phenomenon. His iconic personality and his august presence in the Film Festival once again, will surely make the occasion spectacular and magnificent. We are all looking forward to this mega event," added Banerjee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!