Amitabh Bachchan to perform in tribute to 26/11 martyrs
Mumbai: Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan is gearing up to perform at a concert with music composer Aadesh Shrivastava in a tribute to the martyrs of the 26/11 terror attacks.
The concert is a part of Mumbai police`s yearly function `Umang` on January 9, where the 69-year-old actor will be performing for charity.
"Going to do a concert for Peace with Aadesh Shrivastav and proceeds for families of those who fought and sacrificed life on 26/11," Bachchan posted on Twitter.
"The yearly function UMANG for the families of the police force, when we pay tribute and entertain them for their dedication..," he added.
Bachchan, who along with his family is a regular guest of the event, said Mumbai police force is one of the best in the world.
"Mumbai Police force considered one of the best in the world .. give them opportunity and trust and they turn up trumps .. !!," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aadesh Shrivastava loses battle with cancer at 51: Celebs pay tribute on Twitter
- Music director Aadesh Shrivastava is no more, succumbs to cancer at 51
- Short Janmashtami Statuses for Facebook and Wahtsapp!
- Wish your family and friends with Janmashtmi text-SMS messages!
- Rakhi Sawant advises Sunny Leone to wear full clothes