Amitabh Bachchan, Uddhav Thackeray launch ‘virtual classrooms’
Mumbai: Megastar Amitabh Bachchan and Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray Wednesday launched the latest stage of the `virtual classroom` project of the Mumbai Municipal Corporation here.
Speaking at the launch function held at Dadar in Central Mumbai, Bachchan recalled his school days.
"I never thought that one day I will be a superstar. I didn`t even think I would enter the film industry," he said.
Bachchan recalled that as a school student, he used to sit on the "last bench" in the class.
Enthused by the success of the virtual classroom project, the BMC has decided to implement the system in 400 more municipal schools across the city from the next academic year. The civic body will be training primary municipal students under this project.
The virtual classroom project, started in 2011, is being extended to 40 secondary and 360 primary civic schools from next year, a BMC official said.
Earlier, 80 secondary schools were covered under this project. The virtual classroom project enables students, sitting in their classroom, to interact with teachers in the studio.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navratri 2016: Did you know there is a colour code which you can follow?
- Ajay Devgn and Abigail Eames in ‘Raatein’ from ‘Shivaay’ will melt your heart! Watch song
- Deepika Padukone to play King Ashoka’s daughter on reel?
- 'Folksong Festival' radio host Oscar Brand dies at 96
- Biopic on Dhoni made tax free in UP
- Why daddys always save their sons: Kangana Ranaut on Hrithik controversy
- Anupam Kher to play politician in 'Welcome Back Gandhi'
- Karan Patel deletes his angry social media post against Pakistan – Know why
- Anushka Sharma does an impromptu gig in Libson
- Harshvardhan has daddy Anil Kapoor helping him with Mirzya promotions