Amy Adams` lucky break in Hollywood
London: Actress Amy Adams credits her Hollywood success to luck after managing to land an agent only weeks after she moved to Los Angeles.
The 38-year-old moved to LA with her brother when she was just 24 after receiving advice from actress Kirstie Alley and was quickly snapped up by an agent within a fortnight of relocating, but she insists her success was purely coincidental, reported Contactmusic.
"I did have a lot of events fall into place for me that can only be described as luck," she said.
Adams also admits the LA lifestyle was a shock to the system for a small-town girl form Castle Rock, Colorado.
"I`d lived in a very sheltered world of theatre where, even if there was competition, I really felt like it was a family. So to suddenly be around people that weren`t rooting for you was a little overwhelming."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Song out: 'Housefull 3' gang gives you a new party anthem in the form of 'Taang Uthake'! – Watch
- Priyanka Chopra won't refuse a good Bhojpuri film, says mother Madhu Chopra
- Whoa! Mukesh Khanna's 'Shaktimaan' to be back on Indian television?
- Treat your hardworking mom to hair care this summer!
- 'Kaabil' first look poster: Hrithik Roshan’s intense eyes precursor of a massive storm ahead!
- Kangana Ranaut to inspire women to share their stories
- Meet Shifuji Shaurya Bhardwaj: The living legend who played Tiger Shroff's trainer in 'Baaghi'!
- This emotional Instagram post by Arbaaz Khan talks about introspection
- Check out: Rani Mukerji’s first public appearance after baby Adira’s birth
- Adhyayan never said Kangana Ranaut practices black magic, says father Shekhar Suman