Ang Lee to be honoured by visual effects society
Los Angeles: ‘Brokeback Mountain’ filmmaker Ang Lee will be honoured with Visionary Award, a prestigious prize at the Visual Effects Awards here next month.
The director has employed various techniques in a bid to bring his movies to life over the years, making stars appear as if they are sword fighting in mid-air in ‘Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon’ and creating a life-like tiger for his new adventure movie ‘Life of Pi’.
The 58-year-old will be feted for all his hard work with the award on Feb 5, reports dailystar.co.uk.
Executive of Visual Effects Society Jeff Okun said, "Lee pushed the envelope of creation of visual effects for telling a story. In our generation, only Star Wars did that."
The inaugural trophy was handed to ‘Inception’ moviemaker Christopher Nolan last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonam Kapoor joins fight to make India hunger-free
- #Sandesh2Soldiers campaign: Aamir Khan, Salman and Akshay Kumar's special message to soldiers on Diwali
- Akshay Kumar is good health ambassador of 'Jaan Bachao' campaign
- Anushka Sharma singing 'Bulleya' to her pet dog is the cutest video you will see today!
- At 60, Mel Gibson all set to welcome ninth child!