Annie Lennox, eldest daughter to go on Malawi mission
London: Scottish singer Annie Lennox will be taking her eldest daughter along with her when she makes her first trip as a government-appointed envoy to Malawi.
The visit, which is 56-year-old Lennox’s first as special envoy to the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association Scotland Branch, will develop and enhance Scotland’s links with Malawi.
Lennox will be joined by her daughter Lola, 20, when she visits projects with Scottish links to learn how expertise and money from Scotland is helping vulnerable people in the African country.
“To be able to share this experience with my daughter Lola is simply wonderful,” the Scotsman quoted her as saying.
“The projects we will visit focus on women’s rights and combating the stigma of HIV/Aids.
“It’s a phenomenal opportunity for Lola to learn about these issues, which everyone knows I am passionate about,” she added.
The mother of two, who was made an OBE this year, will return to Holyrood after the visit to report her findings to MSPs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 725: Sarla reveals the truth behind Pragya's fake pregnancy
- No clash between 'Kaabil' and 'Raees': Hrithik Roshan's thriller drama preponed
- 'Dear Zindagi' new track 'Love you Zindagi Club Mix' will give you serious partying goals! Watch the making
- 7 ways in which you can make your Grandparents feel important!
- Get set to meet Akshay Kumar aka Jolly in 'Jolly LLB 2'! Teaser poster OUT
- Sunny Leone most searched personality of 2016; trumps superstar Salman Khan!
- Vaani Kapoor looks 'Befikre' on Vogue cover!
- Shah Rukh Khan and family looks PICTURE PERFECT, we say touch wood!
- Deepika Padukone flaunts her love for sports – Here’s how
- Deepika Padukone - a marriage material, says Ranveer Singh; Daddy Prakash Padukone reacts