Anupam Kher honoured in Los Angeles
New Delhi: Veteran actor Anupam Kher was honoured by the Los Angeles City Council with the City Proclamation for his cinematic achievements.
The honour was bestowed upon the actor by Herb J. Wesson, Jr., president, Los Angeles City Council and Tom Labonge, council member, 4th District, Tuesday.
Anupam has been actively involved in international cinema and has done films like ‘Bend It Like Beckham’, ‘The Mistress of Spices’ and most recently ‘Silver Linings Playbook’.
"The Proclamation from the City of Los Angeles would be an endorsement of the fact that Asian actors are not seen as peculiar phenomena on a global platform," Anupam said in a statement.
"Of course, most of my films are Indian and I am an Indian actor. It was given to me on the same day as they gave it to the legendary Dick Van Dyke," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why not: Kangana Ranaut on getting married more than once
- Can you believe it? Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh danced to 'Dilli Wali Girlfriend' setting the party on fire!- WATCH
- Pakistan to ban Sunny Leone song?
- Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson became more popular after death: Amitabh Bachchan
- Black with a hint of gold, Sonam Kapoor's debonair suit will win your heart!