Anupam Kher loves teaching more than acting
Mumbai: He is a versatile actor and successful too, but Anupam Kher says he enjoys teaching more than acting.
The actor, who turned 59 Friday, runs acting institute Actor Prepares.
"I love teaching more than I love acting. It`s great to give out than to take from others. There is no syllabus for acting and it`s a great feeling. I also get to learn a lot from the new generation," said Anupam.
From serious role in `Saraansh`, villain in `Karma` or funny man in `Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin`, the actor proved his versatility in the beginning of his career and he maintained it in his over three decades long career. In the last few years he was seen in different kinds of roles in `Maine Gandhi Ko Nahin Mara`, `A Wednesday` and `Total Siyappa`.
He said: "l always wanted to be different. I even broke the myth of getting typecast. I did all kinds of roles. My competition was with myself."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parineeti Chopra excited, nervous to work with Irrfan Khan
- Katrina Kaif planning to launch her label
- Consider Nana Patekar my father figure: Ali Fazal
- Happy to be back on sets with Salman Khan, says WHO? It's totally worth reading
- Hope filing FIR for women becomes better, says Amitabh Bachchan post 'Pink'