Arunachal ideal for Bollywood: Vivek Oberoi
Itanagar: Actor Vivek Oberoi feels Arunachal Pradesh could be a hot destination for Bollywood filmmakers considering its scenic beauty, perennial streams, snow clad mountains and lush green valleys.
The 37-year-old `Grand Masti` star attended the curtain raiser event of Tawang Festival-2013 beginning today and said that Arunachal Tourism under the leadership of Chief Minister Nabam Tuki could undergo a sea change to become a global tourist destination as well as prime target of Bollywood directors to shoot films.
"We spent millions of rupees in shooting films abroad, but we could shoot films here as much lower cost too. Moreover, the people here are so welcoming and warm that would make our job easier," the actor said.
Applauding the mystic beauty of Tawang, Oberoi said that he would be back soon with his entire family to explore the natural beauty of Arunachal.
Chief Minister Nabam Tuki has urged Oberoi to become the brand ambassador of Arunachal Tourism and promote the state, known as the `Last Sangri La on the Earth`, at global level, particularly in Bollywood in the greater interest of the country.
"Arunachal is no more a hidden paradise rather it is a global tourist destination," said Tourism Parliamentary Secretary P D Sona, adding that Tawang would soon become a Bollywood destination because of Oberoi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan Arms Act case acquittal: Shah Rukh Khan to meet close friend?
- Hrithik Roshan and Yami Gautam's 'automatic chemistry' will surprise you—Watch 'Kaabil' making video!
- Amal Clooney's baggy floral smock sparks pregnancy rumours!
- Priyanka Chopra wins big at People's Choice Awards one more time!
- Shahid Kapoor and Kangana Ranaut's brilliant chemistry in 'Yeh Ishq Hai' song from 'Rangoon' is a must WATCH!