Ashley Judd turns director
London: Actress Ashley Judd is making her directorial debut with a short TV movie.
The 44-year-old, a prominent campaigner for women`s rights, is making a movie for the US network Lifetime`s ongoing series of short films.
Judd`s film ‘Maggie’ focuses on problems faced by women in the US military, and she shared information about the film and the issue discussed in it through her tweet, reports a website.
"My short film is about PTSD (Post-traumatic stress disorder) resulting from military sexual trauma (MST). One-third of all US servicewomen are raped by fellow American soldiers. There are roughly 52 sexual assaults per day in our military. And yet, the DOD (Department of Defense) says assault is under-reported by 86 percent (sic)," she tweeted.
Brittany Snow and Jennifer Hudson star in the film.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Katrina perfect for Ranbir, says Kareena Kapoor Khan
- Daddy Shah Rukh's message for daughter Suhana will melt your heart
- Watch: Why did Deepika Padukone make fun of Ranbir Kapoor?
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- People think I want publicity from talking about Jiah Khan: Sooraj