Awards galore for family, Shabana delighted
Mumbai: Veteran actress Shabana Azmi is delighted to see her family on an award-winning spree. While she has been conferred the prestigious Padma Bhushan, her step-children Zoya and Farhan Akhtar’s ‘Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara’ is sweeping award functions.
"Overwhelming response to my getting the Padma Bhushan. Thank you dear ones for all the warmth and affection. Javed got it four years ago," Shabana wrote on her Twitter page.
The 61-year-old was named to receive the Padma Bhushan, India`s third highest civilian award, with legendary actor Dharmendra and filmmaker Mira Nair Wednesday.
However, more than feeling ‘humbled’ for her achievement, she is happier to see Farhan and Zoya winning awards for ‘Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara’. Zoya directed the movie, Farhan acted in it, with Hrithik Roshan and Abhay Deol.
The movie has been winning awards galore.
"ZNMD sweeps Zee Cine Awards and Apsara Awards by Producers Guild... Children`s success brings the greatest joy...jeete rahein khush rahein (Live well, and be happy)," she blessed the two, through her tweet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vin Diesel enjoys cutting chai with Deepika Padukone
- National award-winning filmmaker Deepak Roy dead at 67
- Sidharth Malhotra turns 32, B-Town wishes him more success
- Javed Akhtar, Vivek Agnihotri question 'azadi' for Zaira Wasim
- Shah Rukh Khan finds his conversations with son AbRam 'most enlightening'