Awards galore for family, Shabana delighted
Mumbai: Veteran actress Shabana Azmi is delighted to see her family on an award-winning spree. While she has been conferred the prestigious Padma Bhushan, her step-children Zoya and Farhan Akhtar’s ‘Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara’ is sweeping award functions.
"Overwhelming response to my getting the Padma Bhushan. Thank you dear ones for all the warmth and affection. Javed got it four years ago," Shabana wrote on her Twitter page.
The 61-year-old was named to receive the Padma Bhushan, India`s third highest civilian award, with legendary actor Dharmendra and filmmaker Mira Nair Wednesday.
However, more than feeling ‘humbled’ for her achievement, she is happier to see Farhan and Zoya winning awards for ‘Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara’. Zoya directed the movie, Farhan acted in it, with Hrithik Roshan and Abhay Deol.
The movie has been winning awards galore.
"ZNMD sweeps Zee Cine Awards and Apsara Awards by Producers Guild... Children`s success brings the greatest joy...jeete rahein khush rahein (Live well, and be happy)," she blessed the two, through her tweet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aadesh Shrivastava loses battle with cancer at 51: Celebs pay tribute on Twitter
- Music director Aadesh Shrivastava is no more, succumbs to cancer at 51
- Short Janmashtami Statuses for Facebook and Wahtsapp!
- Wish your family and friends with Janmashtmi text-SMS messages!
- Rakhi Sawant advises Sunny Leone to wear full clothes