Awards means a lot to me: Ayushmann
Mumbai: Ayushmann Khurrana, who successfully grew from being an anchor to an actor with `Vicky Donor`, says awards are important for a newcomer like him.
"I have just made my debut so, I think, it (awards) will mean a lot to me. Having said that, this is the year of debutants, it`s not just me, there are other people as well and I feel there have never been so many debuts in a year as there have been this year," the 28-year-old said here Thursday at the announcement of People`s Choice Awards.
"So, I don`t know whether it`s a good thing or a bad thing but definitely, cinema is looking beyond nepotism. I am an outsider and I am just taking my baby steps in the industry, it will mean a lot to me, for sure," he added.
Asked which actor would he like to vote for the award, Ayushmann said: "I think I would like to vote for Ranbir Kapoor. He is the superstar of our generation and he was brilliant in `Barfi!` and `Rockstar`."
"In fact, during the shooting of `Vicky Donor` I went to see `Rockstar` and I think it was very inspiring as an actor and as a performer," he added.
Ayushmann is currently working on `Hamara Bajaj` and `Nautanki Saala.`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Choosing name was 'hardest thing' for Caitlyn Jenner
- Why did Deepika Padukone invite Ranbir, Katrina to `Piku` success party?
- Maggi controversy: Amitabh Bachchan may face protest in Odisha on June 5
- There was always an audience for female-centric films: Anand L Rai
- Maggi noodles controversy: Have not received any notice yet, says Amitabh Bachchan