Bappi Lahiri shocked to hear about forged letter issue
Kolkata: Music composer Bappi Lahiri today said that he was shocked to hear about a forged letter that has been sent to the Home Ministry in the name of a Congress MP recommending him for the Padma Vibhushan awards.
"It is shocking to hear this. I don`t even know this MP. I don`t know why anybody will fake a letter to seek awards for me?" the59-year-old told PTI over phone from the US where he is holidaying.
"Getting awards is not my headache. There are a lot of people who have got these awards who don`t even deserve them," the `Disco King`, who had crooned the recent hit number `Ooh la la` in ‘The Dirty Picture’, said.
The Delhi Police have registered a case of forgery against unknown persons after Bahriach MP Kamal Kishore wrote to Home Minister P Chidambaram on April 10 that the letterhead and signature used to recommend Lahiri`s name were forged.
Lahiri, who pioneered the use of disco music in Indian cinema with an Indian flavour, is best known for songs including `Koi Yahan Nache Nache`, `Jimmy Jimmy`, `Zubi Zubi`, `Jee Le Le` and `Tamma Tamma Loge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Alia my inspiration for doing 'Shaandaar': Shahid
- Raksha Bandhan: The crazy video by Akshay Kumar with sister will leave you in splits!
- Alia Bhatt will never make 'first move' in relationships
- Know the box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Newlyweds Shahid-Mira make fashion debut at Masaba's LFW show