Baz Luhrmann rubbishes rift rumours with DiCaprio
Melbourne: Baz Luhrmann has denied any onset rift with Leonardo DiCaprio while filming ‘The Great Gatsby.’ There were mounting murmurs during the shoot of DiCaprio being somewhat difficult, apparently refusing to come out of his trailer the day after he split with Blake Lively.
Rushing to complete the 1920s-set epic in order to be viable for the 2013 Hollywood awards season, Luhrmann said that he was on track but wasn’t focused on nominations – yet.
“You can’t think about that. When you’re making a film you just have to think about the film, not what might happen after it, a leading daily has quoted him as telling Confidential on Wednesday night at an event celebrating his wife Catherine Martin and her new Designer Rugs collection..
“I’m as happy with it (so far) as I am the people that are in it. We’re working almost every day,” he said.
The filming of Gatsby - which moved from Rozelle Power Station to the Blue Mountains, Centennial Park, The International College Of Management in Manly and even Waverley Cemetery - was significantly stalled in January because of heavy rain. Luhrmann denied it caused any major problems.
The Great Gatsby will be released in the US on Boxing Day and in Australia in January.