Ben Affleck shaves off `good luck charm` beard post Oscars
Los Angeles: `Argo` director Ben Affleck celebrated his Best Picture win at the Oscars by shaving off his grizzly beard that he sported during the entire award season for "good luck charm".
The 40-year-old shaved off his beard at a private post-Oscars party in Hollywood, with co-producer and friend George Clooney egging him on and wife Jennifer Garner leading the effort, Us Weekly reported.
The "good luck charm" clearly worked for Affleck as the actor went on to collect Screen Actors Guild trophy, a Golden Globe and BAFTA award this season.
Though he was famously snubbed from Oscar`s best director short-list, Affleck made it up by registering the Best Picture win over eight other films for his Iran hostage drama.
"He did it himself at the restaurant," a source said.
Garner reportedly brought the clippers as she and Affleck`s kids were sick of the beard, the source added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Katrina perfect for Ranbir, says Kareena Kapoor Khan
- Daddy Shah Rukh's message for daughter Suhana will melt your heart
- Watch: Why did Deepika Padukone make fun of Ranbir Kapoor?
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- People think I want publicity from talking about Jiah Khan: Sooraj