Beyonce hires Lord Sugar`s 18.5million pounds jet for world tour
London: Beyonce has rented British business magnate, Lord Sugar’s, private jet to fly around the world and to get to gigs in style.
The 31-year-old singer will use the 18.5million-pound jet for concerts in Europe and the US on her four-month ‘Mrs Carter tour’, the Sun reported.
A source told the publication that as a canny businessman, Sir Alan often makes his jet available for corporate hire.
The source said that Sugar spent a lot on it so it makes perfect sense to make some money back when he can.
“The firm he rents the jet through was approached by Beyonce ’s people and after a bit of bartering they agreed a price,” the source added.
Sugar, 66, who is famed for his You’re Fired catchphrase, bought the Embraer Legacy 650 jet in 2010.
It has G-SUGA emblazoned on the tail and boasts a cruising speed of 500mph.
The interior of the jet is all leather and it features three cabins, bathroom and entertainment system.
Fuel bills alone for a single trip within the UK can cost up to 10,000 pounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'A visionary passes away' - Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- Renault India ropes in Ranbir Kapoor as brand ambassador
- Looking forward to M S Dhoni biopic: Irfan Pathan
- Ace comedian Kapil Sharma celebrates his US-Canada show's success
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover sizzling love in Maldives?