London: Beyonce Knowles’ representative has claimed that the singer’s supposed “first interview” after giving birth to baby Blue Ivy last week is a “fake”.
Published in the UK’s Star Magazine on Tuesday, the article is billed on the front cover as a “world exclusive”.
Inside, the R and B queen divulges information about the birth and says that her husband, rapper Jay-Z, will be a “hands-on dad”.
Her spokeswoman said the interview was “completely made up,” to which Star Magazine’s editor Anna Pointer denies.
“It is not made up or fictitious at all,” the BBC quoted Pointer as telling Access Hollywood.
“We bought the interview from a reporter in the US, who conducted the interview with Beyonce before the birth.
“The reporter then obtained the ‘top-up’ info after the birth, which we believe to have been signed off by a girl on her LSM team,” she added.
The article in Star Magazine does not refer to the interview having taken place in stages, while a promotional article on the publication’s website calls it “Beyonce’s first interview since the birth of her daughter”.
Quotes attributed to the pop star appear to address the issue of heavy security at the hospital where she gave birth to Blue Ivy Carter on January 14.
When asked whether the interview was legitimate, Beyonce’s spokesperson said “absolutely not”.
The claim comes on the day that several celebrity magazine editors appeared before the Leveson inquiry into press standards.