Bharat Ratna to Sachin a great send off: Anil Kapoor
Mumbai: Actor Anil Kapoor has lauded the government`s decision to confer master blaster Sachin Tendulkar with Bharat Ratna, the country`s highest civilian honour, and says it is a great send-off.
"I was very happy when I came to know that Sachin (Tendulkar) has been honoured with Bharat Ratna. I think he is the well-deserved Indian for the award," Anil told reporters at the first look launch of 3D mythological film "Mahabharat".
"He is one of the greatest Indians. As a sportsman, he is the greatest. He is the greatest cricketer of the world. I think it is a great send off and nothing could be greater for a sportsman who has dedicated his life honestly and truthfully to the game," he added.
Sachin bid adieu to international cricket after playing his 200th Test at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai last week.
The 40-year-old made an emotional speech before the packed Wankhede Stadium and paid respect to the game he loves by touching the turf of the ground where he made his Ranji Trophy debut in 1988.
Anil, who got an opportunity to meet Tendulkar personally, is floored by his down-to-earth attitude.
"I have been very, very fortunate to have met him, spend some time with him, spoken to him. He is a very down-to-earth, very, very understanding. He has become more humble with the success coming his way," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I stress, worry, get nervous: Vaani Kapoor
- Sonakshi Sinha wishes 'Happy Birthday' popsy to Shatrughan Sinha, posts adorable PIC
- Nargis Fakhri's advice about 'drinking water' is what you should know for keeping a healthy body!
- Rani Mukerji Chopra shares first pic of daughter Adira, writes heartfelt message on her birthday
- 'Mr Perfectionist' title doesn’t interest Aamir Khan any more! Here's what he would like to be called