Big B`s good wishes to Ram Charan Teja
Mumbai: Southern star Ram Charan Teja is set to step into the shoes of Amitabh Bachchan for the remake of 1973 film `Zanjeer`, and the megastar has offered best wishes to the young actor for the role.
"I spent a day on the sets at Film City shooting for an ad. While on set, I learnt that `Zanjeer` the II was being shot on an adjoining floor and that Charan the hero and its maker Apoorva Lakhia wanted to visit me," Amitabh wrote on his blog bigb.bigadda.com.
"Charan is a very successful star in his own right in Telugu cinema, he is the son of superstar Chiranjeevi, a dear friend. I met them and wished them well," he added.
Ram Charan would be essaying the role of cop Vijay, a character made famous by Amitabh in the original film. Actress Priyanka Chopra will play the female lead in the remake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salma Agha to get lifetime Indian visa, say MHA sources
- AR Rahman conferred with Japan's Fukuoka prize 2016
- Social media trolls don't affect Zareen Khan
- Here's what Shraddha Kapoor has to say about link-up reports with Farhan Akhtar!
- Nervousness took over Priyanka Chopra while auditioning for 'Quantico'? Watch video