Big B to attend Bihar Diwas
Patna: The government has invited Amitabh Bachchan and other actors of Bihar origin for Bihar Diwas centenary celebration in March. It marks the day when the British carved out Bihar from Bengal Presidency March 22, 1912.
"Amitabh Bachchan will be one of the special guests," said Yaswant Prashar, a member of cultural committee for Bihar Diwas.
He said Bollywood personalities like Shatrughan Sinha, Prakash Jha, Udit Narayan, Shekhar Suman, Manoj Bajpayee and Neetu Chandra have also been invited. The government has invited the presidents of Mauritius, Suriname and Fiji.
A brainchild of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Bihar Diwas was first celebrated in 2010.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 47: Survival fight continues, inmates stumped by surprise exit!
- Tough times in India: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra on intolerance row
- Response to 'Wazir' trailer makes Bejoy Nambiar 'ecstatic'
- Salman's 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' outraces lifetime earnings of '3 Idiots'
- Bigg Boss: Priya Malik to throw 'pee' on Kishwer in upcoming episode!
- We're going back to dark ages: Emraan Hashmi on film censorship
- Pooja Joshi of 'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai' gets hitched to beau!
- Aamir Khan has every right to be worried, says Aparna Sen
- Everyone has right to an opinion, except a celebrity: Sonu Nigam
- Amitabh Bachchan reaches 18 mn followers on Twitter