‘Bigg Boss 7’: Armaan Kohli granted bail; denies physical attack on Sofia Hayat
Zee Media Bureau/ Harpreet Kaur
New Delhi: Actor Armaan Kohli, who has been on and off the headlines for his abusive behaviour in the ‘Bigg Boss’ house, was arrested by Lonavla police after former inmate Sofia Hayat filed an FIR against him for physically assaulting her. The issue has been the talk of the town ever since the news broke in.
The 41 year old actor, who was booked under sections 324 (voluntarily causing hurt by dangerous weapons or means), 504 (intentional insult to provoke breach of peace) and 509 (word, gesture or act intended to outrage the modesty of a woman) 506 (criminal intimidation) and 354 a (sexual harassment) of the Indian Penal Code, was granted bail after an inquiry.
During the police the inquiry, Kohli admitted fighting with Hayat, but he did not accept the allegation of physical assault.
Kohli’s lawyer maintained that as the sections under which the actor has been booked are bailable, thus, he was granted bail.
On the other hand, it has been also reported that the ‘Bigg Boss’ inmates are unaware of the police complaint filed against Armaan Kohli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Film with Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt won't be typically romantic: Gauri Shinde
- See in pic: Anil Kapoor in awe of daughters, Sonam and Rhea Kapoor!
- Shilpa Shetty rejoices 4 million Twitter followers
- I don't know my caste or creed, I'm universal: Amitabh Bachchan
- First trailer of Clooney's 'Hail, Caesar!' unveiled