Birthday Special: Shakti Kapoor’s best celluloid moments and more!
Zee Media Bureau/Resham Sengar
New Delhi: Bollywood’s one of the most popular character actors – Shakti Kapoor – turns 55 today. Of the 400 films he has done in his career, the ones that earned him accolades were ‘Chaalbaaz’, ‘Andaz Apna Apna’ and ‘Raja Babu’.
In ‘Chaalbaaz’ also starring Sridevi, Sunny Deol and Rajinikanth in lead roles, Shakti was the baddie Balma who’s comic and villainous antics were one of the highlights of the film. And the audiences were again left in splits when way back in 1994 he played Nandu, Raja Babu’s (Govinda) hilarious servant in the namesake film.
But the one role that will remain etched in people’s memories is that of Crime Master Gogo enacted by Shakti in the timeless comedy ‘Andaz Apna Apna’. Although there are rumours that the film might be remade but one thing is for sure – no one can play Crime Master Gogo the way Shakti Kapoor did. No?
The actor is married to Shivangi Kohlapure and is father to Shraddha Kapoor – the ‘Aashiqui 2’ girl - and Siddhanth Kapoor - who was last seen in ‘Shootout at Wadala’.
Recently he was seen in the fifth season of the reality TV show ‘Bigg Boss’.
Here’s wishing Shakti Kapoor a very happy birthday!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Abhishek Bachchan to star in Prabhu Deva's 'Lefty'—Here's all you need to know
- Vivah Panchami: Celebrating the divine marriage of Lord Ram and Goddess Sita
- Superstar Rajinikanth injured on sets of '2.0'
- Check out incredible worldwide box office collections of Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt's 'Dear Zindagi'
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi’s fiancée and Monalisa’s boyfriend make an appearance
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!
- Preity Zinta's cousin brother shoots himself in Shimla, police recover suicide notes
- Most searched male celebrity list 2016: Kapil Sharma beats Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan
- Shweta Tiwari, Abhinav Kohli welcome first bundle of joy